Wednesday 31 March 2010

The Body Shop: Honey & Oat - 3-IN-1 Scrub Mask Review


This Scrub Mask was purchased a few months ago when I was randomly wandering around in the store, trying to find something to pamper myself with. Now, because I love skincare products, I like to take my time reading, smelling and touching each product, lusting after every single detail, and then wanting every single one of them! However, this time I was in a rush, so trying to absorb all the products around me, not knowing specifically what I'm looking for (but knowing that I can't leave without something), I stumble across this little gem. The word 'HONEY' takes me at first sight (I'm obsessed with honey skincare products!), and I reach out for the tester. Oh my! It smells so good, I just CANNOT resist temptation! It looks so...smooth and delicious...I buy it!

Here it is...



Product information
: Containing Community Trade honey, oatmeal grains and Kaolin clay, the mask works with a 3-in-1 formula intended to cleanse, polish and moisturise: While honey moisturises and sooths the skin, oatmeal grains work as a subtle exfoliant by eliminating dead skin cells and restoring radiance. The smooth and foam-like consistency is due to the Kaolin clay, which gives it that extra 'yum' factor. *Full ingredients can be found on site*




The mousse -like texture and consistency is extremely likable, soft, and glides on without irritating the skin. It is recommend to cleanse face and pat dry before application, leave on for 5-10 minutes, and then gently wash/exfoliate skin with warm water. It can be used 1-2 times a week, but you can decide depending on how your skin feels (once a week is usually enough for me). Once applied it does not dry out, but stays soft and creamy. I experience a stinging sensation on first application, but that only lasts a few seconds.



Verdict - After using several times, I can easily say that I'm head over heels for this product! It's just amazing! It really sooths the skin, leaving it extremely soft and moisturised without irritation. I have used many products for exfoliating purposes, but all have been too abrasive for me. I need something soft that will gently cleanse away my dead skin cells without scratching my skin deeply, and this does exactly that. It's a perfect, subtle, 3-in-1 product that cleans and replenishes the skin after use. I really don't have any negative comments about this product - love it!

Price: £7.50 (100ml) NORMAL/DRY SKIN

*The Body Shop take pride in using Community Trade honey sourced from the tropical forests of north west Zambia, and by buying products containing Community Trade honey, you help contribute to the preservation of the forest and the beekeepers' way of life.

Next on my list:
  • Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask- helps balance the skin tone and purify complexion.
  • Vitamin E SPF15 Moisture Lotion - defence against harmful sun rays
  • Vitamin C Daily Moisture SPF15 - help revitalise skin, leaving it smooth and silky
  • Vitamin E Face Mist - for setting makeup, instant moisture and protection
  • Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - gentle eye makeup remover that conditions eyelashes.

Project: After watching a programme which I was extremely inspired by, I decided it was about time I made my own masks! It looks exactly like the masks pruchased from drugstores, but inexpensive and natural, so you know exactly what your skin is absorbing. Should be fun!

Which skincare products are you lusting after?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger